Nestor Chan – Principal Physiotherapist
Director Austral New Age Physiotherapy
B.Applied Science (Physiotherapy), Sydney University
B.Medical Science, Sydney University
Nestor Chan Director and Founder of Austral New Age Physiotherapy, completed his Bachelor of Applied Science in Physiotherapy in 2007 and Bachelor of Medical science in 2003 and has since practiced in a variety of private practice settings in Australia.
Nestor Chan is passionate about enhancing each client’s quality of life by correcting their movement dysfunctions and empowering them to manage their own conditions, using his skills and experience in Manual Techniques, Musculoskeletal, Sports and Acupuncture/ Dry Needling Physiotherapy.
Nestor also has special interests in back and shoulder pain. With over 5 years experience in private practice, Nestor has diverse experience. Nestor has worked with athletes of different levels. He was Team Physiotherapist for youth premier league soccer clubs for Marconi, Blacktown City Demons to first grade Super league soccer team- Parramatta Eagles, AFL physio for Holroyd Parramatta- The Goannas, Jim Beam Club- Mounties Rugby League, East Campbelltown Rugby League Club and team physiotherapist for Liverpool Cougars Rugby Union.
Netsor’s Motto is “live well, feel well, be well” and with this in mind he aims to provide a hands on approach to your health care and deliver the most effective evidence-based treatments so that you get back to the things you enjoy the most, faster and pain free.
Areas of Interest and Specialisation
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Sports physiotherapy and injury treatment
- Pain Management-Acupuncture/Cupping Therapy
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Holistic treatment approach for treatment of headaches and back pain
- Sport taping / Dynamic taping
- Manual therapy / Manipulative physiotherapy
- Hydrotherapy / Gym Rehabilitation
- Gait analysis / Orthotic prescription
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) – Sydney University 2007
- Bachelor of Medical Science- Sydney University 2003
- Acupuncture Level 1 APA and Australian Society of Acupuncture Physiotherapists 2008
- 3D Assessment and Treatment, Lumbar Spine and Pelvic Complex 2008
- Workcover NSW accredited Physiotherapist since 2008
- Registered Physiotherapy by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Registered member of Medical Register of Australia